For family outings where children will be present on the charter, the following rules apply:
- EVERY child under the age of 18 MUST have a parent on board with them.
- EVERY parent needs to sign a release of liability agreement for each child under the age of 18.
- EVERY parent will sign a release of liability agreement for themselves as well.
- A damage waiver and credit card number will be supplied by the organizer of the party, and agrees to pay for ANY and ALL damages created by any child on board.
- For any child that cannot wear a standard PFD for an adult, all parents on board agree to supply PROPERLY fitting life vests for their children.
Remember that in Texas: Children under 13 years of age in or on vessels under 26 feet must wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved wearable PFD while underway. All vessels under 16 feet (including canoes and kayaks) must be equipped with one Type I, II, III or V for each person on board.